We at KnP Training and Lessons specialize in helping horse owners like you open the gate to endless possibilities and we proud to offer clinics for all levels of owners and horses.
Reasons you should to attend a KnP clinic:
- We work at whatever level you or your horse are at and progress accordingly.
- You’ll learn not only how to get your horse to do something but also why the solution or training works.
- Gain Respect! Learn why your horse doesn’t respect you and learn how to change it.
- If something doesn’t work or make sense to you or the horse we keep trying different approaches until something works.
- We give simple and direct answers to you questions, and no questions are off limits, ask us anything.
- We believe that horses should be fun, so we joke, play games, and keep it interesting.
- You get to learn hands on with your horse with us there to guide you.
- We are willing to do whatever it takes to help you and your horse.
We offer currently several different clinics and we are always open to suggestions:
(We try and tailor all clinics to the individual needs of all that attend)
- Horsemanship 101 “Introduction to Horses”- This introductory clinic is great for new horse owners or those interested in horse ownership. This one day clinic covers important topics, such as; safety on the ground and in the saddle, psychology of horses, grooming, hoof care, feeding and nutrition, health care, tack needs and saddle fit, bits and how they work, real cost of ownership, first aid, barn and pasture safety, and spooks and how to handle them. (Horse-ownership is not required for this clinic, no need to bring your horse)
- 0-2, Training for a Bright Future- This clinic covers the do’s and don’ts of handling young horses, provides groundwork exercises for control and respect, things you can do to prepare for adulthood, how to teach your foal and start building trust now, and shows you how to interact positively and correctly with your young horse. (Usually 1 day clinic, up to 5 horse/owner pairs)
- Trailer Loading, Problem Horse Clinic- This clinic teaches you not only why your horse behaves the way he does but how to fix it. This clinic covers several common issues; disrespect, trailer loading, feed aggression, barn sourness, buddy sourness, setting back while tied, spooks and how to handle them, aggression to others under saddle, biting, plus more and the questions and problems from those attending. (Usually 1 day clinic, up to 5 horse/owner pairs)
- Beginning Horsemanship- This riding clinic is for beginners to intermediate riders and horses. This clinic is geared towards improving your equine relationship and you and your horse’s current skill set. Topics include; groundwork for respect, getting control of the whole horse, neck reining, proper cuing, stops, sidepassing, yielding the quarters, getting forward motion, exercises for a better broke horse, an explanation of bits and how they work, question and answer, plus more. (Usually offered as a 2 day clinic, up to 16 riders)
- Advanced Horsemanship- This riding clinic is for intermediate to advanced riders and horses. This clinic is geared towards improving your equine relationship and you and your horse’s current skill set. Topics include; groundwork for respect, two tracking, flying lead changes, sidepassing, yielding the quarters, collection, head sets without using training aids, rollbacks, pivots, bits and how they work, theft prevention, question and answer, and much more. (Usually offered as a 2 day clinic, up to 16 riders)
- Overcoming Spooks “Desensitization Clinic”- This two part clinic covers desensitizing your horse to common objects both on the ground and in the saddle and teaches you how to “bombproof” your horse while gaining trust and respect. (Usually 1 day clinic, up to 5 horse/owner pairs, horses do not need to be broke to ride)
- Personalized Mini Clinic- The Personalized Mini Clinic is a 4 to 7 hour clinic where we work on whatever you and your horse need from finesse training to behavior/problem modification. Up to 3 of your friends can attend with their horses and you can all share the cost. (Cost depends on if it is at your location or mine, hauling fees for bring my horse apply)
If you are interested in attending one of our clinics there are several options:
You can attend one of our clinics that we host through the year. Please see our homepage with our upcoming events to see what is on the schedule. You or your organization can schedule and host a clinic of your choosing. You can request a mini-clinic for yourself and up to 3 friends (If you would like to register for or host a clinic please contact us though our contact us page.)